PURPOSE

This blog is rather unique from other available blogs. Most blogs are focused on specific topics or issues such as politics, food, travel, etc. This blog is not. The focus for this blog is whatever I want to write or discuss on any given day. The things that interest me and will be discussed at times will include politics, sports, (especially college football and basketball) food, entertainment, pop culture, etc. I hope you enjoy reading and commenting on my blog as much as I will writing it.



Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Answer To Brain Teaser

The previous post presented the problem of the "clever cook". Now, I will give you the answer.

Pour the five-ounce  container full from the jug. Pour the three-ounce container full from the five-ounce container, leaving two ounces in the five-ounce container. Pour the three-ounce container back into the jug. Then pour the two ounces remaining in the five-ounce container into the three-ounce container. Pour the five-ounce container full from the jug. Fill the remaining one ounce of the three-ounce container from the five-ounce container leaving four ounces in the five-ounce container.

Pretty clever. Did you figure it out? Hopefully, you enjoyed this little exercise and maybe I'll do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment