PURPOSE

This blog is rather unique from other available blogs. Most blogs are focused on specific topics or issues such as politics, food, travel, etc. This blog is not. The focus for this blog is whatever I want to write or discuss on any given day. The things that interest me and will be discussed at times will include politics, sports, (especially college football and basketball) food, entertainment, pop culture, etc. I hope you enjoy reading and commenting on my blog as much as I will writing it.



Monday, January 23, 2012

Cocktail of the Week-Manhattan

Hard to believe this is my third cocktail of the week post. This week we have an old and classic cocktail, the Manhattan. Like most classic cocktails, there are many versions of Manhattans. The choice of whiskey is also subject to disagreement. Some will say you should use a Canadian whiskey, other American Rye. I prefer Bourbon. Whatever you prefer, it's a great cocktail. The recipe for my favorite version is:

2 Oz. Bourbon Whiskey
1 Oz. Sweet Vermouth
4 Dashes Angostura Bitters
2 Tablespoons Maraschino Cherry Juice
Garnish with two Maraschino cherrys.

Mix all ingredients together in an old fashioned or cocktail glass half filled with ice and garnish with the cherries.

Some people call this a sweet Manhattan and it is. But it is also delicious.

There is also a version called the dry Manhattan which substitutes dry vermouth for the sweet vermouth and naturally loses the cherry juice. Some people like. I don't.

I hope you enjoy it whatever your version.

No comments:

Post a Comment